You’ve been hearing me talk a lot about the awesomeness that is this year’s Web 2014 Conference, but I’d like to turn your attention to another chance to get your highered web geek on before June. It’s the Pittsburgh HighEdWeb regional conference – the first time there’s been a regional held here.
What what whaaaaaat, you say? Oh, hell yeah! Pittsburgh in April. April 9, to be exact, at the Pittsburgh Technical Institute. Here’s a perfect collection of reasons why you should submit a proposal today:
- Perfect opportunity to flex your speaking chops.
- Great speakers at a ridiculously reasonable price.
- Professional development practically in your backyard.
- Chance to snicker at the Pittsburgh accent.
- Discover the thriving local web community. (Srsly. BIG names!)
- Springtime makes for easy travel.
- Steelers and Pirates and Penguins — oh my!
- Pennsylvania actually has cool cities — Pittsburgh’s one of them.
- Art. History. Science. Nature. Birds. Fish. Tigers. Rollercoasters.
- Cabin fever buster! Because by March, we’re all sick of snow.
- One word: Heinz. The Capitol of Ketchup (and OMG the food!).
- Lots and lots of friends are waiting for you — both old and new.
And that’s only just off the top of my head. The event space is beautiful, the people making it happen are just plain cool, and all that’s left to add to the awesome is you. But hurry — the clock is ticking. The call for proposals turns into a pumpkin at midnight tonight. So run, don’t walk, and submit your proposal before the opportunity to speak at the first Pennsylvania regional slips through your fingers.
See yinz there!